• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A3 leg dissasembly

OG

Does anyone know how to disassemble the landing leg from M101A3 trailer?
It is stuck and I wanted to disassemble and fix it, but besides removing the top cap I do not really know how to proceed. Gears appear to be press-fitted to shafts, but they won't budge at all, like they cross-pinned. Any ideas?

OG

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If its like most other jack legs, it will have 2 gears that look like these. You will need to find the roll pin(s) and drive it out so you can dis-assemble it and see what it stuck.

Attachments

OG

They do look like these on the pic, but no slots or holes for a roll-pin can be seen. I'll check again.
I presume these are not blind pins, so hole, in general, should exist through the entire piece?!

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I haven't looked at an A3 trailer jack itself, but I figured it would be the same. The ones I worked on, it was a hole that went all the way through the gear.

OG

M101A3 jack is a weird design, it is supposed to be replaced whole if something breaks. Gears are accessible for lubrication, but the corkscrew is completely encased and cannot be lubricated, truly a mind-boggling "feature".