• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A3 / M116 Master Cylinder Cap ?

blybrook

All,

I've searched through the threads and have only found a reference to a replacement cap being available from a mid 50's car. Is there a better reference that I can utilize when I go to the parts house or the junk yard?

The reason I ask is that I'm looking to build a power bleeder for my M101A3 trailer since I'm adding a section of flexible brake line after finding a slight leak in the line at one of the drums while working on it this weekend. aua

I have the TM part numbers and took the cap to my local hydraulic shops. They cannot match the threads to get a reducer built. I figured they would be my first shot to get it done.

Mainly I'm looking for a replacement cap so that I can cut / drill it for the brake bleeder assembly I'm fabbing up using a nalgene bottle & 1/4" line. Trying to do it cheaper and faster than getting it through one of the regular vendors.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try a jeep cj2,3 or 5 master cyl cap?

AceHigh

I just bought a replacement master cylinder from Crofts. It had the small "civilian" cap so I retained the bigger OEM one. The smaller cap is in the photo below.

Let me know if you need this one sent or if you can get one locally, if the small one will work for you. The big ones are harder to get. :p

Attachments

blybrook

Thanks for the information fella's. I'll see about running these down. I tried Napa last night with no luck, but have yet to make it to the parts yards.

AceHigh, if I can't find it, I'll let you know.

Thanks again.

Bill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks