• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1025A2's who bought one of the 8

Crapgame

Jesus, is that even safe to transport on trailer like that? All that is holding the tin roof on are the 4 screw on the sheetmetal B Pillar Cover. I mean, it was too much F ing trouble to remove the bolts and roll pins that secured the bent 0.25" wall aluminum tubing to the Weapons Support itself? What a frickin' amateur hack job!

Windshield Frame brackets and shims are gone. Can you see if the threaded bushing reenforcement plate that gets pop rivetted to the frame, into which the Weapons Support Brackets bolts screw into are still there? 86HMMWV makes nice onces but still.

Last edited:

Crapgame

Dave,
I have acquired photos of the further demilling done to the M1025A2 HMMWVs; Turret Weapons Supports. What an amateurish and irresponsible job they did! See attached. I'm not even sure it is safe to transport on trailer as-is, all that is holding the roof up are the 4 screws on the sheetmetal B Pillar Covers. I know GovPlanet is a totally different disposal contractor, and that G-L may have been in a rush to comply, but better care should have been taken at least on the trucks that were already sold.

By the way, those two pieces of precision bent 0.25" wall aluminum tubing, PN: 12340342-5, 12340342-6

run about $250 for the pair.

Response:
I would agree with you on the Demil and of the removal of the turret ring. GL had no part of the additional part removal. Our hands are tied with these vehicles. Even though they are sold, the DoD has the authority to recall them and complete additional Demil as instructed by the Demil manuals. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
GovPlanet.com has been selling former USMC M1043A2 and M1045A2 HMMWV with the same demil requirements for years, its no secret how to process the trucks for resale vs scrapping. I believe two SteelSoldiers members even warned them about this a year ago. Its not like these are the first HMMWV to ever be sold.

The truck is cool, it certainly isn't $16,800 + 18% buyers premium cool in this condition even with the historical prominence, I told them I want to cancel the sale due to the Lot being significantly different from the time of sale, significant reduction in the lot's value. We'll see if I get blacklisted or not.

This is 2/2 auctions from G-D that were not as described, the first lot as supposed to be 23 unused 10gal coyote hypalon water bladders that turned out to arrive with water still in them, some torn, some with wear marks.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
There is no reason to "demil" that support other than someone trying to be cute by damaging the support. I have to agree with being able to buy or even restore to like condition, with the turret ring.

However with the military the process to demil may require to remove or damage so as to not be able to restore to useable condition. If that was the intent then maybe it could be worse. With that said as long as the buyer knows that the damage exists then you can bid accordingly.

Everyone in the chain wants to have what they want. It is just to bad that anything at all has to happen to the equipment. I mean isis gets to use our equipment with no demil at all, well maybe a different demil process is used for them.:burn:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can’t take the turret support out unless the roof comes off, but in this situation, they literally spent more time cutting them out then just unbolting the roof and tilting it forward and lifting the ring and support poles clean out.

awind

I received an email about possible financial restitution for the hack jobs. Lets keep in touch what they offer so everyone is treated fairly

maga

I'm waiting to hear back about the restitution as well. What are you guys thinking a fair dollar value is to replace the turret ring and destroyed b pillars? Keep in mind we bid against other buyers for a truck that is no longer in the condition that we were bidding on.

diluted

I'm waiting to hear back about the restitution as well. What are you guys thinking a fair dollar value is to replace the turret ring and destroyed b pillars? Keep in mind we bid against other buyers for a truck that is no longer in the condition that we were bidding on.
I'd be asking for 2-3K for a new B pillar and ring.

Crapgame

Eastern has at least one used Weapons Support $1295 plus freight from Philthy to NY should be too painful, its only about 50lbs.
I have an extra early Turret Weapons Station, the type with the cat ears, correct for up to A2 Truck around Serial Number 189,000; extra side opening hatch, kbar, light and heavy bearings, back pads, etc.

maga

I was offered $2000 back today in what looked like a mass email to everyone. Is that the dollar amount you guys got as well?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks