• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1028/700r4 swap

Truckyea

Would you guys still recommend the 700R4 swap if some went with larger mud tires, I've curious about tackling this but I'm also about to upgrade my tires anywhere from Q78 to a 40" of some type.

Chaski

Would you guys still recommend the 700R4 swap if some went with larger mud tires, I've curious about tackling this but I'm also about to upgrade my tires anywhere from Q78 to a 40" of some type.

Yes... But the 700r4 needs some beefing up first. 1) Sonnax makes some of the best upgrade parts available. I have a Sonnax smart shell in mine, along with a 4l70e servo. There are a bunch of things you should do to one to make sure it does not self destruct. Other thing is I would be leery about 40+ inch tires with 4.56 gears. With that large of tires I would go with 5.13 gears... maybe lower

Truckyea

Thanks, I'm not looking to regear.
I prefer to keep the tires in the 36"-40" range on stock wheels.
That and being able to switch tires sizes and or wheel/tire combo for the road/trail.
We'll see, I'd rather see how far the extra rolling diameter helps before the tranny swap. My th400 does need a little love also as she leaks and hits a little hard on the 1-2 shift

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks