• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 A2 Deuce And A Quater

Roadrunner 161

Just picked up my second MV, a 1987 M1028 A2 with a cut down Deuce bed on it. Truck has 55K on the clock but only 3K since the complete rebuild. It has a 6" Skyjacker lift with 36x10x16 Mudders. The interior has M1010 buckets (look like new), sliding window, sound deadener with black carpet and a Chevrolet console. Transmission was a new out of the box unit. Motor, IP, starter and alternators were rebuilt 3K miles ago. The Deuce tailgate has been cut down so you see over it when looking out the back.

I need to fix a couple of cracks in the dash (from sitting) and want change the paint to 3 color camo in the next few weeks. It doesn't get near the fuel mileage of the M1009, but it will climb a tree with 6WD and 456 gears. I will post some more pictures of the bed and how it is mounted for the more adventurous souls on here. :D

Quarter not Quater in the header....

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like it.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've always felt my M1028A2 was a suitable replacement for the deuce I sold. That and I got an M1009 to go with it.

Love yours. I would like to see the interior close up. I'll post some shots of mine as soon as I finish painting it.

Roadrunner 161

Bed measures 7' - 4" wide and 7' - 9" long inside. Tailgate is 10" high. I don't know the dimensions of a deuce bed but was told be the guy that built it he cut it both ways.

@ Dependable....looking at the possibility of turning into a dump bed. That would be pretty awesome.

The guy who built this also did one with a cut down drop side deuce bed.

Thanks for the compliments on this truck. :)

Roadrunner 161

Bed measures 7' - 4" wide and 7' - 9" long inside. Tailgate is 10" high. I don't know the dimensions of a deuce bed but was told by the guy that built it he cut it both ways.

@ Dependable....looking at the possibility of turning into a dump bed. That would be pretty awesome.

The guy who built this also did one with a cut down drop side deuce bed.

Thanks for the compliments on this truck. :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on a great purchase. We are going to need a complete battery of pics dealing with this truck. Bed mounting, interior and all the like. Neato.

bigugh20

Very nice, looks as if the bed were built just for this truck from the ground up. Also as if the cammo paint wern't enough it looks much more "military".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks