• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 bed question...

jasecloud4

Howdy all,

I've been lurking for a while and decided to post. I have an M1028 with a shelter on the back. I'd like to convert it to a standard bed. Will the M1008 bed bolt directly onto it? If not, are there any other alternatives for a standard bed style (for instance, off the civilian trucks)?

Sincerely,
J

cucvrus

I thought an M1028 had a standard pick up box on it and the shelter was strapped down to the tie downs on the standard 8 Ft. fleetside bed. I know some did not have tail gates. But even an M1010 has the standard holes in the frame for a standard bed. You just need to get that body off the frame and remove a 12" piece of frame extension that they welded on. And of course deal with the hole in the back of the cab. The M1010 body makes a nice lawn mower shed. :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The beds are the same basic bed. Shelter carrier beds, of course, have the shelter brackets and the non shelter beds have a few tie downs. If you seek troop seats, they will go right on your bed without modification.

jasecloud4

The beds are the same basic bed. Shelter carrier beds, of course, have the shelter brackets and the non shelter beds have a few tie downs. If you seek troop seats, they will go right on your bed without modification.
Rock on. I've got a hazmat carrier and it's pretty heavy so I was hoping I could use the bed off my buddy's wrecked M1008 with minimal/no modification. I just didn't want to start the move without confirming that it worked.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh snap! That is a cool body but I do see it as heavy and major wind resistance. With a pickup bed you will really see a performance increase.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks