• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 checking in

BKinzey

If you haven't bought your 12v starter yet look at a gear reduction (MT28?) starter. Best price with recommendations was DB Electrical on eBay. I haven't put mine in yet though.

icu_runnin

well a little update. I bought the 12 civilian starter this past friday ($155 out the door :cry: ) and had a chance to start working on it Saturday morning. It bolted right up and to my surprise it started with no issue's. The relay didnt act up at all and I am guessing it is from not having the 24 volt load on it any longer. Then I ran into a new problem.......... belts!! I took it around the block to make sure everything was good and well I had no steering and a lot of squeeking. The second alternator belt was carrying most the load for the power steering so I went ahead and put a new alternator and power steering belt on. I dont know if any of you have taken the power steering pump off but it was a PITA. Anyhow it up and running now with no issues at all. Thanks to everyone for the all the info.