• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 Exhaust

JohnFire

My firecomany's M1028 needs an exhaust, and I am currently having a tough time finding one. We have talked to the local exhaust shop, and they don't seem real interested in helping much. At least not unles it is for a good buck. They started talking about $1000 without even opening a book and said they need the truck with the bed on before they will look anything up. I would have figured it would have been just as easy, or easier to do it now with the bed off than with it on. We have talked about what would be better, trying to stay stock or converting to a single pipe. I haven't found alot for either route so any help would be appreciated.

tourdog

napa i found napa books has the factory exhaust for my 1010 just look it up as a civy k30 8 foot bed did mine for about 400 bucks manifold back put it in in about 2 hours my self also had the option of glass packs or stock muffler i went with glass pack a little cheaper but sounds way cool

JohnFire

thanks tourdog, just did that this morning, and it was $400.26 with the tax exemption, so it all should be in tommorrow, and I hope that it will only take about an hour since we have the bed off the truck right now. I am just going to sawzall the old one out to save some time. I would use the plasma cutter if I just wanted to be silly. :tin hat:

JohnFire

It was :twisted: I had a couple bolts that weren't cooperating so blew the heads off with the plasma cutter and since the exhaust wasn't comming apart I went ahead and cut it off with the cutter. All I have left to take off is the pipes that connect to the headers. I sprayed them down with some PB and will unbolt them in the morning. Also sprayed the shocks so they are ready for me to take them off tommorrow too. That is one of the most useful tools I have bought.

tourdog

i am glad to hear that you got it . which mufflers did you get ? the quite or glass packs . the glass packs sound great i love them and they jumped in made for the truck . good luck puting it in .

JohnFire

I will post some pictures tonight. I am hoping the exhaust comes in today as well as the shocks. We went for the economy muflers. Being that this truck in now stored inside everything I am doing should last. I am getting ready to head up there to finish taking the pipes off of the headers. I just want this whole project done and the truck painted and back in service.