• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 Fresh Resto...!!

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Biggest mistake

Bruce, I hate working on this truck knowing I passed it up. I made a big mistake!

I checked the passenger rear view mirror and it was tight. Thanks.

David

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
David takes his time and does things right. I cannot wait to get this on Saturday. I am tempted to see what he can do with a deuce that is in better starting shape than this truck was.

nattieleather

Put a commo shelter in it and it will look perfect... :) Nice job and painting cammo is not difficult it is just getting the right amount of overspray that makes it hard... :lol: Good job on the truck!

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1028

Well, Dudley picked up his truck today and he is a happy camper. :beer:

Now on to the next project..Ben's (combatmech) M1009 :grd:

David

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am a happy camper. We are having monsoon like rains today but these trucks look great. O need to get this and my other trucks under cover. I stopped at the flea market on the way home to get some jerky and had a couple of guys stop and check her out in pouring rain. It was a great running and clean truck to start with, now its looks as good as it runs. My son put in his request for David to do a restoration on his M1009. I will take some detailed photos of the truck this week.

mktopside

Banned
The driving rains have it pretty clean about now. However it will get cleaned tomorrow if there is anything on it.
The rain today was really annoying. I was trying to put down a few yards of mulch, but I kept getting dumped on. I don't mind working in the rain, but the random sideways blowing monsoon stuff got old real quick.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
This is a very tight truck. No front end wandering. It starts right up with a slight bump of the key. I need to get the custom hitch installed now so I can pull my car trailer. Honestly, there is very little left to do to this truck. It is like a brand new truck.. Now watch me blow the 6.2 after saying that. She is Aberdeen ready.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Combatmedic. You have real nice M1009. I wished I could have kept the m1009 but I have too many trucks. My wife is starting to ask questions. It was not bad until I parked a M109 w/w on 11x20s thatblack and has ashiney silver box on it. Yes a silver box. It could qualify as one UFT, if it did not run as good as an LDS....That was the straw that broke the camels back in this household. I did ask if she liked the yellow M62 more than the M109 from mars. She just shook her head...

combatmech

I hear you Dudley, I would like another truck/car of some kind....But my wallet and GF have other ideas. A decent CUCV2 would be nice..... I'm bummed that I wont be around for Amberdeen....Maybe next year.