• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 missing something...

Gojo1812

Yeah, the asking price is good for both of us. I've seen what they sell for at auction and I've seen what the sell for after running and driving in a private sale. If I payed the asking price he would be making money and I could put money into it and still be in it for a lot less than most that I've seen for sale. I can do the work myself and I think if I needed parts I could find them on here pretty easy. I'm still waiting to hear back and get more photos....

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your okay with it, then .... :grd:

and post the pics. We love pics.

Gojo1812

He sent me a few more pics and said he thinks all it needs is the alternator and the upper and lower brackets because the wiring is there and intact. It looks like there is a black hose crossing the core support at the top of the radiator, is that stock or is it an ac line?
Here's what he sent....m1028 eng 1.jpgm1028 eng 2.jpgm1028 eng 3.jpgm1028 eng 4.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like they just removed the alternator and taped up the wiring.

Contact Hawkman or HillbillyWizard for the brackets and alternator.

The hose may be for the radiator overflow but it does look bigger than normal (optical illusion?)

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is an engine bay shot from a 1009 that had original equipment air. This was in a GL auction a couple of months ago. Def a different bracket. I tried making the pic bigger but it doesn't come up.

Check GL event #11457, lot 5776 (ended 2 months ago so I think I am safe)

CUCV W Air.jpg

Last edited:

Gojo1812

Oh, I figured it out now. The bracket that truck has is the regular bracket for a pancake compressor. Def a different bracket. That Blazer was in pretty bad shape, I'm pretty sure the odo rolled over once or twice....