• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 question on troop seats

hounddog

I was looking to purchase a M1028 and was wondering how many holes would be left in the bed and rails if I removed the troop seats. Aside from the troop seats, is there a really big difference between the M1008 and M1028?

m38inmaine

The troop seats really don't leave any axtra holes as they attach with a bracket/pin assy. If it was equipped with a cargo cover then there would be extra holes drilled in the bedrails and tailgate.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny is right (as usual!). The M1028s were never intended for troop seats, although there is nothing stopping you from installing them since the beds are identical to those on the M1008s. The M1028s have the heavier rear suspension for hauling shelters around.

Panzer

Keep the troopseats and I'll sell you a brand new cargo cover for it.
I bought the cover from a seller on this board intending to find a set of seats for my truck but not having any luck. PM me if your interested.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep the troopseats and I'll sell you a brand new cargo cover for it.
I bought the cover from a seller on this board intending to find a set of seats for my truck but not having any luck. PM me if your interested.
FWIW troops seats are not required for the cover install. The bows and brackets are separate units from the troop seats.

2deuce

I have a M1028 that I use around my small farm. It has the brackets and rail for the shelter and a rack that protects the back window. I was thinking about adding the sideboards and seats but some mods are required to keep it all. Curious if anyone has both on their truck?