• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 recovery

trooper632

Got the EUC and went to Ft. Hood to pick up the M1028, Paul is a great guy to deal with. Truck looked in great shape, straight body, absolutely NO RUST, Then only thing was, The twin forked devil had tasted the rear drive shaft. And my CUCV key would not work, so it had to be loaded once again by the twin forked devil, but i made sure it didnt eat anything else. Got it home and ALL and I mean All fluids had been drained. So alfter relacing all new fluids and two battery's and putting another CUCV ignition in it, it started right up. Interior is in great shape and it drives great just doesnt like going to much over 50 mph, best around 45 or so, So i did a cheap paint job in the shop but it looks pretty good, $142.00 for a rear drive shaft and 30 bucks for the paint and about four coats.

Attachments

K9Vic

:ditto:

Rattle cans for paint? My M1009 is painted with them, I just wish that the OD Green was as cheap as the flat black that Home Depot sells for $0.97.

K9Vic

Whats the general price they're goin for on GL??
Allot more then they were a year ago, especially the M1028 over the M1008. Condition and running state are a key, if it was driven on the lot it is worth allot more. If it was towed, or noted fork lift allot less. Inspection is a must and well worth the drive so you know exactly what you are getting into.

As these are closed, it is OK to post links to a few to give an idea of prices.
2320 - Trucks & Truck Tractors, Wheeled at Government Liquidation

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks