• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1028 single wheel to dually have a problem

84cucv1ton

A guy i know ended up with these kits to make these trucks dually. both had the day off. thought we would give it a try. we got it done pretty fast it seemed. start it and take it for a drive. the pass front now pulls in 4x4 engaged. it didnt do this before?? im 100% sure we put it together right. it all looks fine.

any ideas?? thanks

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
only pulls in 4wheel drive. . . that's a new one to me :confused: I'm assuming you mean pulls to one side?

what about with the hubs locked in and just in 2 high?

Does your buddy have any more kits?

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Check the brake drums on the new rear end, which ever direction it pulls, check the brake drum on that side, if its hot, the shoes may be dragging.

Last edited:

84cucv1ton

yes he has more. we are putting 2 more kits on trucks he has.. the one we did is getting 7 new tires and paint today. then going on ebay. think he will be putting the kits on ebay

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Make sure the rear axle/spring guide pins are located in the proper hole on the spring pads on the axle? easy way to check would be to measure from the front of the axle spring pad to the front end of the spring, should measure the same on both sides, pass/driver. only other thing I can think of.