• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 spin on filter change

Ronbo

I just thought I'd show a few pictures of what I did today on the 1028.
I installed an electric fuel pump and pre-filter . ( I didn't take pictures if this). Then when running the wires for the pump I re-taped the harness and added some wire loom,
Then moved to the Filter . Once the filter assembly was removed I taped and wired loomed that side ( Just cleaned everything up... )
I mounted the new filter adapter to the existing filter adapter .. I also removed( mine had ) the rubber hose from the filter to the IP .. I made a new line out of metal fuel line and put a rubber hose over it for protection ( in case it was to rub some place - but its not) . I double hose clamped everywhere I could.
This weekend will be time to bleed the system and see if she'll run..

Attachments

nattieleather

Looks good! I don't see any reason you should be able to bleed it and make it go varoom! Why GM didn't go with a spin on filter in the first place is a mistery to me.

Ronbo

No , No heater .. I wasn't sure how or If i need it.. I'm sure someone makes a12v wrap a round heater .. any advise? Thanks
PS I should say That I read about a lot of people making an electric fuel pump heat shield that bolts to the frame . An easy quick way is to use an old license plate . the holes nearly line up to the one in the frame and it bends in a perfect spot under the numbers . just spray black in needed .. and it wont rust....Cheers

M1008driver

The diesel shop told me if I use additives when I refuel I will not need the heater and mine is removed. It is in my junk box. I have some Diesel 911 behind the seat just in case.

OL AG '89

Hey Ronbo,

I'm thinking you heard OIL not gas........
I typically dump a quart of oil in the tank about every 2 or 3 fillups....

I'm thinkin it helps with the IP lubrication..... because of new ULSD.

M1008driver

A dude told me to add a quart of gas to the tank full .. Thinks this is correct?
Never add gas to a diesel engine unless you want a to buy new engine. The best thing is to use those additives like Diesel Treat and others. I read DT was rated highly even though I switched and will be going back the next purchase. It also is an anti-gel.

Ronbo

Well I'm glad I never tried it.. Dude did tell me gas.. said he used it up north in the winter . maybe he was a prankster .. ? Hoping I would .
See thats why I let you guys hang out with me on here:) I give you challenging things to think about :)
Cheers .Me

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks