• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 whats it worth?

ssgttype

I have an M1028 that I picked up a while ago, in a trade, and long story semi-short life changed and I'm going to spend my time fixing another truck instead. It is super clean, 49k on the body, no rust on rockers, frame has peeling CARC paint revealing almost perfect factory frame paint. I'm not sure if its an A2/A3 but it has the dana 70 rear with a Detroit, and Dana 60 front with the limited slip. It has a 6.2 in it, but no transmission. I do have the np208 that came out of it. I don't know if the 6.2 is any good, my friend bought it, and was going to swap it, but took the th400 for another project.

what the heck is this thing worth? attached is the only picture i have of it. it does have a miss matched green passenger door, and an odd cut out of the D/S bed, it also has a hole in the bed from where a gooseneck hitch once was. Located in Southern New Jersey

Attachments

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without a running motor and a transmission, the value would be minimal compared to what you could get if you spend the money to get the vehicle road-ready. In today's market, you could get $15.000 on up for a clean mechanically sound truck.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an M1028 that I picked up a while ago, in a trade, and long story semi-short life changed and I'm going to spend my time fixing another truck instead. It is super clean, 49k on the body, no rust on rockers, frame has peeling CARC paint revealing almost perfect factory frame paint. I'm not sure if its an A2/A3 but it has the dana 70 rear with a Detroit, and Dana 60 front with the limited slip. It has a 6.2 in it, but no transmission. I do have the np208 that came out of it. I don't know if the 6.2 is any good, my friend bought it, and was going to swap it, but took the th400 for another project.

what the heck is this thing worth? attached is the only picture i have of it. it does have a miss matched green passenger door, and an odd cut out of the D/S bed, it also has a hole in the bed from where a gooseneck hitch once was. Located in Southern New Jersey
Being it is the dually I think you could do pretty well with it...there aren't many out there...tough part would be location since anyone buying it would need to get it towed home, unless you find someone close to you it'll be tough to sell because of that...that reduces the amount of potential buyers...I'd guess without seeing much of the truck and assuming the engine is good around 4-5k as it is...that's a high start number though only because of what it is and the big axels it has.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The door frame data plate should tell you if its an A2 or A3 (if the NP208 is original to the truck, it's an A3).

There are very few of the dually CUCVs, so it would be worth it to fix that one up.

If you promise not to tell anyone that I modified my A2 🤫 - I replaced the 3-speed with a 700R4 out of a 1991 diesel Suburban, turned my "screaming at 55 and 10mpg" truck into a "quietly happy at 65 and 16mpg" one. If you're missing the original transmission anyway.... ;)

Cheers

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure he is trying to sell it.
Why else would someone post the typical "what's it worth" question (?) - after having said already
... I'm going to spend my time fixing another truck instead.
Pretty sure he won't give it away for free...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks