• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028A1 Trailer Hitch question

chesapeake

I have read countless threads on adding a trailer hitch to these trucks. I have narrowed it down between two. Curt 14082 and the Reese 51016. The Curt will take a little work to put on and it comes welded together. The Reese, I believe takes no modifications to put on, put is put together with bolts.

I know it will be all opinions, but is one better than another?

Thanks

Ted

1StumpJumper

I put a Curt 14082 on the rear of my M1008 as well as a Warn 25855 front hitch. A little bit of a PITA, but well worth it on both ends. Just plan on replacing all the bumper bolts and you will have a head start.

Drock

Any hitch you try and install on these trucks is going to require notching the factory brackets. It's just the nature of the beast. That being said you mite as well go with the strongest one you can find. I went with the (B&W 25122) it has a 16000 tongue weight.Reciever hitch.jpg

MarcusOReallyus

Any hitch you try and install on these trucks is going to require notching the factory brackets. It's just the nature of the beast.
Noo so, Good Sir Drock!

Member skysix has figured out how to do it with no notching required. It does require a few spacers and a custom U-bolt, but it's not expensive, and sure beats cutting things. Looks to me like a very nice setup.

Check it out.

This is the way I'll be going when I get one of those Round Tuits.

chesapeake

I went with the Curt. It required a little notching on the brackets for the D rings and I had to remove the spare tire carrier. I have a friend with a trailer shop who put mine own while I was at work. When I was discussing hitches with him, he advised me to stay way from the three piece hitches. That is the only reason I didn't do skysix's hitche.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks