• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1028a1 upgrade ???

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M1028's had the overload spring increasing the GVWR to 9400 the M1031's did not and had the GVWR of 9200.

WARWAG

I might try that to see if I get another 200 lb payload capacity. I know when I put racing stripes on my Camaro it made it go faster. No reason why the data plate thing wont work.
Of all the M1028s I have seen the Only diffrence between the M1028 and the M1028A1 is the NP205. The rear springs were identical. Now having said that my friend who has a M1028 like mine does not have as many leafs in the rear as mine. BUT his was purchased from a private party so I dont count that since anything could have happened to it in its civilian life. WHO KNOWS? Anything could have happened to a vehicle to meet the demands of the unit at any given time. Just expect things will be slight;y diffrent from one M1028 to another and you wont have so many headaches.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The manuals show the big differences between models. The 34P shows all the pickup style CUCV's had the same rear springs. The M1028, M1028A1, A2, and A3 had the overload springs added giving it the extra capacity.