• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028A3 Dually Axle with Single Tires

erasedhammer

I currently have a dana 70hd that used to be a dually, but the previous owner was just running the inner wheel with a stock m1008 bed.

I don't really want to run dual tires, but I would like to keep the dana 70.

I read that single tire on dually axles can put stress on the bearings and cause premature failure?
I also see my front dana 60 is running the same wheel offset and would theoretically have the same stress on it's bearings. Unless the dana 60 for the dually trucks was modified in some way?

Slightly related, is the front dana 60 on the m1028a3 a semi or full float axle?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks