• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M103 trailer brake question.

ida34

I finally got around to checking the brakes on my M103 Trailer. Everything went great and the brakes worked fine. I did the check from the -14 that had me putting a small stick into a hole on the Air pack to make sure it was moving in and out. It worked but all the holes on the air pack were plugged by plastic plugs like the ones that come with a new caliper to plug the brake hose connection. I took out the bottom plug and it leaked out some very colorful water. I checked the master cylinder and it did have fluid. I put about a cup and a half in to bring it to the top. After flushing out the hole in the air pack I worked the brakes off and on for a while to see if anything would leak and nothing did. I figured the holes were drain holes and vent holes. Anyone seen the holes plugged before? I kept the plugs just in case but took all of them out. Anyone else have these plugs in? I would think that plugs meant to be left in would be threaded not just plastic push in type plugs.

ida34

Thanks for the info. I am going to monitor the level and if it is leaking I will drop you a PM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks