• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1030 KLR250 Data Plates

Humvee1538

I know the USMC had data plates, did the army and air force have data plates on their M1030 250cc motorcycles? All the pictures of army bikes have have seen have no stencil for a registration number on fender or gas tank. I can't find any data plates either. If you have an Army or Air Force M1030 250 with a data p!ate or reg number can you post a picture?
Thanks for the info.

jshull11873

I know the USMC had data plates, did the army and air force have data plates on their M1030 250cc motorcycles? All the pictures of army bikes have have seen have no stencil for a registration number on fender or gas tank. I can't find any data plates either. If you have an Army or Air Force M1030 250 with a data p!ate or reg number can you post a picture?
Thanks for the info.
I have 2 M1030’s. One has the marine corp data plate the other doesn’t have a data plate.

Humvee1538

I have 2 M1030’s. One has the marine corp data plate the other doesn’t have a data plate.
I also have two, the olive drab one has the US Marine data plate and a second one is painted in desert and does not have a data plate. I was told the desert one came off an Air Force Base. It is not a repaint and was originally done in desert paint from Hanes. I also have a third military KLR 250 that is a newer year painted in olive drab CARC 383 that is not a M1030 . The rims appear never chromed under the CARC. I have the paperwork that it came out of government liquidation about 6 years ago.

jshull11873

I also have two, the olive drab one has the US Marine data plate and a second one is painted in desert and does not have a data plate. I was told the desert one came off an Air Force Base. It is not a repaint and was originally done in desert paint from Hanes. I also have a third military KLR 250 that is a newer year painted in olive drab CARC 383 that is not a M1030 . The rims appear never chromed under the CARC. I have the paperwork that it came out of government liquidation about 6 years ago.
I just picked mine up so I haven’t really dig into them yet. One is a 92 (marine tag) it is painted green but appears to have sand paint underneath. So I’m guessing it’s been repainted twice at least. The other is a 94 with no tag. It has an infrared red light mounted on it and is painted black. I would hate to be the guy that rode that with night vision. Neither are currently running. The black one is definitely the better of the two. I purchased the second bike just for the frame because it has a data plate. I had no idea only the marine bikes had the data plate until I saw your thread.

Humvee1538

I just picked mine up so I haven’t really dig into them yet. One is a 92 (marine tag) it is painted green but appears to have sand paint underneath. So I’m guessing it’s been repainted twice at least. The other is a 94 with no tag. It has an infrared red light mounted on it and is painted black. I would hate to be the guy that rode that with night vision. Neither are currently running. The black one is definitely the better of the two. I purchased the second bike just for the frame because it has a data plate. I had no idea only the marine bikes had the data plate until I saw your thread.
Go to the website www.nicmvpaorg.com to see one of mine. Go to that home page under the tab of "discoveries" to see my restoration.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks