M1030M1 Diesel Leak

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went for a ~15 mile ride on my M1030M1 diesel motorcycle yesterday. It was a great ride until I discovered that diesel fuel was spraying all over the engine. I made it back home and attempted to find the leak. It appears that one of the rubber fuel lines has ruptured, which is a good thing because I can easily access the suspect line and replace it. However, there is so much diesel fuel all over everything that I need to clean it up to make certain which line I need to replace. The rubber line I think has failed looks to be in good condition, but looks can be deceiving. I initially shut the fuel petcock off, but had to turn it back on to try and see where the fuel was coming from. Made a mess on the garage floor. Other than the leak, the bike ran fantastic. I always get a lot of strange looks when I ride the bike because of the appearance and the sound of the diesel engine.Diesel Leak.JPG

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was right. I removed the leaking rubber fuel line. It had a crack right at one end where I couldn't see it until removed. I went to O'Reilly's to get a new piece of 1/4" fuel line and found that they were out of fuel line. Went across the road to Autozone and they had it. Took about 15 minutes to install and another few minutes to bleed the air out of the fuel system. The bike runs great again.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The odometer is reading 670, but who knows what the real mileage is. Mine also has ISAF stickers on the front and back meaning it was in Afghanistan for a period. I've never seen another M1030M1 with ISAF stickers. It also has a total of three RFID units on the bike, one on each side of the tank and one large one on the handlebars with a sticker stating that it was tested for weapons interference on 28JUL2010. Again, I've never seen another one with RFID units on the bike.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks