• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 CMT Home at last

WPNS421

I have just recovered my new M1031 Contact maint truck. It is a 1986 and is in excellent condition except for the paint. We will repaint it later . There is a Hobart welder with a gas generator and a compressor. We plan on removing the welder generato unit and replacing it with our M903C 10KW generator. We do not need tis generator as we have a smaller mig unit we plan to use. The truck came with quite a few tools including the vise, lights. a welding rod conditioning unit, welding hoses and gauges and a bunch of other items.
The engine compartment is like new, super clean and everything in it's place, the truck drives very well. I will have a state inspection done this week, after I replace one headlight and a windshield wiper. Otherwise it goes to inspection as is.
If you notice in the pictures the truck has a radio tray mounted on the dash and bolted to the floor, all the wiring is in place and only needs a radio and a antenna, both of which I have. The truck was purchased from a dealer near Chicago and I had the vehicle shipped to upper NY for $925 which I find was excellent. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

WPNS421

The vise is basically the same vise as on the 5 ton wreker but 1/2 the size and it mounted on the rear tailgate that folds up and the vise is stowed in the rear compartment.