• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Contact

Justin2839

HI again, glad you got it fixed. I have a couple of other bits of info that may be helpful to someone, the first is a simplified wiring diagram I made for the governor controls (all I did was name the parts and draw in the relay but I found it helpful), and the second is the PTO manual that includes the Magnetic pickup parts and installation info (on page 2.7 I think) Hope it helps someone

Attachments

m38inmaine

I have ran out of adjustment on my speed control. I get to 58Hz and it won't turn up any faster. The screw will turn more but no additional speed increase. Any one else run into this?

Justin2839

Are you using the gauge to check it or an external meter? I would verify the truck gauge with a multi-meter. Also do you notice an engine rpm difference as you adjust it? In other words is the adjustment screw doing anything? I would also check fur the governor linkage binding, if it is activated can you push the linkage any further or is it at max travel? (I would check the last step with a helper ready to shut off the system in case of a runaway)

m38inmaine

I am using a Fluke 177 meter, not the truck gage. I can turn the screw alot more with no results. It will decrease in speed with adjustment of the screw and increase but only up to 58Hz. I will check the linkage.

Justin2839

Yes the linkage is adjustable slightly, with the governor off and the truck at idle you should have just a slight amount of free travel before the governor starts to actuate the throttle. I did have one other thought if the linkage is not be the problem, I would disconnect the ramp generator from the governor controller (pins 6 and 8 ) and see if that changes anything. BTW earlier in this post I posted a copy of the governor controller manual that details trouble shooting for this issue. If you don’t have it I would download it and follow it. Hope you figure it out, and keep us posted. Justin

m38inmaine

The linkage at the actuator was out of adjustment. I backed the speed control off to about 40Hz then lengthened the rod approx 3/8 to 1/2 inch and re-adjusted the speed control right up to 60-61Hz. Did notice when the air compressor kicks on it dips down to 57Hz for half a second or so then right back to 60-61. Thanks for the help.

Keith_J

I have ran out of adjustment on my speed control. I get to 58Hz and it won't turn up any faster. The screw will turn more but no additional speed increase. Any one else run into this?
Low voltage at the governor control will limit the RPM. This low voltage can be caused by too much resistance at the fuses. There are two, one under the dash and another at the governor control. Both of mine were high in resistance, the one under the dash got hot enough to melt the solder out of it. Typical glass tube fuse fault. Replace with bladed fuse holders and your life will be easier.