• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 generator

onotafire

Was wondering if anyone knew the status of the training manuals (TM 9-4940-562-13
& TM 9-4940-562-23P) for the M1031 - we've been trying to get copies of them for a few years. Our fire department received one of these trucks via surplus from a state agency - but we haven't been able to use the generator due to lack of info on it. It's been pretty frustrating to try to find.

We use the truck for (mostly highway) rescue operations - it carries medical equipment, hydraulic tools for cutting cars, scene lights, etc.

I also appreciate everyone on here for providing all kinds of info - this site is a great resource.
rescue-truck.jpg

onotafire

Thank you, I was able to get the dyna manual - unfortunately the other one tells me that the links are inactive / the files were deleted.

onotafire

Need some more help with our Gen. Everything is military original. We can engage the PTO, PTO light is normal. This is what happens, I engage PTO, run the throttle up, switch on the governor circuit. I get about 10 seconds of throttling then it drops to idle. I check the outlets with a meter, no output. On the governor controls, in the firsts compartment, there is a momentary switch, that when pushed provides a measured amount of throttle. What is this for? I do get outputs volts, (5v) on the one larger single phase outlet. I push the above mentioned button, and as the truck revs up, the main breaker kicks out. Any ideas or thoughts? Do I have a bad breaker, or is the governor control fouled up? I get no reading on the hour meter or the Htz. gauge.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please contact member here "b4thundr", he has an updated governor controller for sale. The stock setup is as you have found, completely unreliable. More info on your truck can be found by searching "SECM". I can tell you that the controller wiring and the 3 phase power wiring is completely independent. If you rev the engine to about 1200 rpm, you should get a proper reading on the HZ and volts gauges.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks