• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Governor linkage problem

Justin2839

HI I recently picked up my M1031 from Fort Knox and it runs great but I noticed the accelerator felt very stiff and when I try to use the generator I have to help it accelerate. I think the problem is the linkage, as it looks nothing like the TM picture. I was wondering if it is all wrong or just bent incorrectly if anybody has any pictures of their linkage that would be great. I did note that if I disconnected the linkage to the governor it eliminates the binding and the governor feels smooth. Also there is a lot of preload form the governor when it is hooked up it is almost at half travel when the truck is at idle and at full travel at about half throttle, this is when it binds till the linkage over centers.

Attachments

Justin2839

Thanks, for the help. It’s looking like my suspicions are true…. Mine has been jacked up:cry: Though I am curious how I would get it from GL this way :-?But anyway, to fix it… What does the throttle end of that linkage connect to, mine just has a loop around to throttle shaft, inboard and held on by the throttle cable. Also is that rod that is 2 piece, spring loaded? Mine is a solid rod bent in 2 places with a spring loaded attachment on it. I am wondering if I straightened the rod if my assembly would work. Or an even better option does anyone have a governor linkage rod and attachments for sale? BTW as soon as it gets daylight here I will take some more pictures. The ones I posted were taken last night and that’s why they’re not very good

Last edited:

b4thundr

OMG dude you need the other set up!!! holy crap!!! lol i just sold the last linkage i had, let me see if i can find you or hook you up with someone who might have one!! K?

b4thundr

Where yours is pushing on that tang on the pump the other clamps on to the pump tang also the arm on the actuator is on upside down. fyi

Justin2839

That would be great if you could find another linkage. After I compared your pictures to my truck, I realized that, yes mine was totally screwed up :roll:Any help you could give in procuring a new linkage would be much appreciated.
Thanks again Justin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks