• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 GP solenoid issues

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New to me D30
Having some wiring issues on the solenoid. I've attached to pictures 1st picture showing how mines wired up 2nd picture showing the TM.

So by looking at the TM the small Orange wire in this picture that's on the bottom large post ( with the other larger orange wires going two the glow plugs) of the solenoid should be ( small orange wire) on the top large post along with red wire from the resistor is that correct? That's how I read this document.
And my ( picture set up is wrong)

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

chevymike

I think that TM is wrong. By that method, the smaller orange wire would always be hot. Here is a pic of mine, all the orange wires are on the bottom large lug and the red wire coming from the battery is on the top one.

0105201450_HDR.jpg

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you running OEM glow plug card setup? As the TM calls out the smaller orange wire as voltage sensing wire from gp card, not counterdicting you just trying to figure the issue out.

Thank you,

MarcusOReallyus

Chevymike is correct. The voltage sense wire (small orange) connects to the bottom post where all of the GPs connect. It's there to tell the GP controller when the GPs are actually getting voltage.

From the "GP Module Theory of Operation" thread in the "Helpful Threads" sticky:

Voltage Monitor This is connected to the GP side of the GP relay and is only energized when the GP relay is closed. The monitor voltage is a variable to the GPM that affects the length of time and the repetition rate that the GP relay is closed.
(GMP = Glow Plug Module, the correct name for the GP card.)

It's very helpful to read that thread (and its attachments) completely through. Lots of good stuff there.

By the way, bypassing the resistor doesn't change any other connection to the GP relay. Everything else works the same. The ONLY change you will see is that you will see 12v all the time at the top post, instead of seeing 24v when the GPs are inactive.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see, so sometimes if your told reference the TM , although TM might or could be incorrect.
That can be frustrating, make you think it's something that it's not.

Thank you,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks