• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 (I won it today, Praise the LORD) more picts

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: M1031

Thanks Kenny:
I remember the miles in an M1008 on the road and remembering that they slowed down coasting downhill. If I win this one tomorrow it will form the basis for my retirement repair service. I have all the tools to put in it and hope that I can get it for my bid.

Westech

CPL

hey thanks for the listing... I think I will bid on that it looks really nice.... JUST KIDDING! If it was Kenny's I just might have... but snipe the "old man's" truck... for some reason I dont think that would be good for my Military career.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

As chaplain, he would definitely pray a lot for you. Sinners and those about to die need a lot of praying over... rofl

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

I never count anything as mine anyway God gives and takes away and we all go out with only the spiritual things. I understand and love the free society we live in so as in so many auctions if someone else wants if for more than I am willing to pay they have the right. I am hoping the airhead bid up dudes are on vacation today.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I'm afraid to ask what it went for as I might be kicking me backside but what did you have to give for it Sir? Glad it went to a good home.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Won the Truck

Wow Praise the LORD. I won this truck with no airhead upbidders monkeying around. The price stayed put the last 24 hours.

Just over 13K miles and runs Bid ended at $2157.00

Attachments

JohnFire

RE: Won the Truck

Congrats David, I watched the auction. The M1009 I wanted went a little higher than I was willing to pay. If you need anything when you pick it up let me know. I am 30 miles from the Gap.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Looks great! Nice price. One in rough shape went for over $2500 in Lansing this past july. You did well.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Nice truck! It caught my eye too. I was about to bid on it near the end, but we went out for diner instead. My wife seems to have figured out that most of the GL events I bid on, end on Thursday evening at 5-6 pm. We seem to go out to dinner a little more often than we used too. Anyway, I'm glad I didn't "run it up" on you! It did sell for a great price in my opinion. Best of luck! [thumbzup]

citizensoldier

What did some of the M1008's go for? They had some nice trucks and I didnt get home from work in time .
Congrats on that 1031 it looks like a good one.. No fork truck dents in the sides and nice interior..

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow this is so cool I may ask for your help in picking it up if my boys have trouble coming up from Baltimore since they work and are in College during the week. I am excited about it having an on board power pack as it will fire up my welder and aircompressor and all the power tools as well. I do not like cordless tools for real work. I think it was in a Battalion motor pool for years and they only drove it for Annual Training. I know we did not get one in any of my truck companys but we sure could have used one.

Thanks guys and it will be coming to rallys when I retire

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
You know I never even thought about it but I see Johnfire has an M1028 Contact truck and I got to thinking that most of the ones I remember were M1028, what is the main difference between the two?