• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 projects

OLDCSM

I'm in need of a newer Woodward electronic controller for the generator in my M1031. Used to be a guy on here that sold and set them up, but it seems that he is no longer active. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, maybe visit his profile and see if you can send him an email. I think you can. There is a button to do so.

OLDCSM

Still no luck with getting a hold of b4thundr via email or PM. Does anyone please have any idea of who could help me out with the woodward setup for My M1031? I have 4 of these trucks to get running and the generator is a big part of that. Thanks

OLDCSM

Thanks for the link. I'm in touch with Woodward and I'm close to a solution. I'll post what I find. Hope b4thunder is ok....

Skinny

There are many Chinese built controllers on Ebay that will work for under $150 if you search hard enough. These are mostly older technology analog units like the ones that came on these M1031's. They should be a direct fit replacement as they are sold that way. You can cross your Coleman numbers. This should get you running. I didn't end up there because I wanted a quality digital unit I can rely on. It is way more money but I'm happy with the Apex replacement. The unit is again a direct fit with very little for wiring. You have to program it to work with the speed pickup on the tcase. This is where the program cable and know how came in.

I gladly paid the premium and help supported a SS member because I had zero plan on building more than one of these M1031 trucks otherwise I would have programmed it myself. Nothing is stopping you from doing it. Get the unit, cable, and software.

b4thundr

I'm still here and alive, new house, new job, moved to a new area, got married! all good! kinda lost interest with the 1031 as i don't work on the farm anymore where the one i worked with every day was the one i played with the most,,,my dad still has his truck and that's the one i will be using as a test mule. So I see guys are still wanting the wooward generator controller I will still program controllers if you want me to just send a pm and Ill give you my phone # I cleaned out my in box so I can get PM's. sorry for any trouble and delays just a whole lot of life happened all at once!!