• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 question

amphi

Disconnecting the front battery ground (only) with any 24v load connected or switched on will cause the 12v system to see 12v at a reverse polarity (feed-back) from the rear battery. This can cause damage to connected 12v devices.

The 24v load could be some sort of auxiliary equipment like a radio, heater or some slaved device like a pump.

The most commonly reported damage has been burned fusible links after disconnecting the front battery negative ground (only) during a starter run-on.

See the illustrations in this thread:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?103110-Burned-Fusible-Links-after-Starter-Run-on-Explained-and-Illustrated

panzerwillie

Ok thank you for flashing a light on my understanding of what can happen, however i will not try to start vehicle with out turning on my battery switch is all dead with out the switch on is being like that for a year , so i put my back up system of a 200 AMP relay with a circuit breaker of a toggle switch to the main power of the key switch , so if i disconnect the fusible link **which i found out it was removed after i pull the cover of the wire} that powers the ignition switch and i turn on my back up everything works, will still will try to find out what happen because of now still no answer.
Now i will focus on the main 12V fusible link that powers all the 12V in the truck but to my understanding fusible links either work or not for now everything is ok and back up plan in place.:shrugs: