• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Question

What would be the equivalent of the M1031 Maintenance Truck in a civilian or commercial vehicle? I need to know for insurance purposes and maybe for financing. :???: For example the M1009 can be looked up as a K5 Blazer.

biggestc69

I'd tell them its just a K30 with a utility bed. As far as I know Chevy didn't offer an option with a service bed, so there would be no comparison there. But I'm no expert don't quote me on that. I'm sure someone with a little more knowledge of that era Chev well chime in.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to add a little info, the M1031 references in all the TMs shows a cab/chassis. The SECM equipment was added after the fact.

Are there any manuals or sources of information that show the details about the maintenance part on the back? Like what tools were there, the compressor and generator, etc.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are there any manuals or sources of information that show the details about the maintenance part on the back? Like what tools were there, the compressor and generator, etc.
They are floating around but I don't think approved for public release. Need to see if someone can email one to you, we can't host it on the site.

Keith_J

The SECM came in several types. Basically, ordnance, engineer and explosive ordnance disposal. The tool sets between ordnance and engineer were similar and related to equipment repair in the field. EOD was a bit different, the generator was used mostly for lights.

Manuals are restricted. FOIA requests have been unsuccessful. Any information you need is available.

Matt1031

Mine's titled "1986, Chev, 3500, 4x4, diesel, green". It's insured as a 1986 Chevrolet K30 with a 6.2 diesel. Note, "C30" would be a 2wd.