• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 Welder/Generator Speed?????

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have the 1031 TM's, just the normal CUCV TM's so finding this information isn't easy...if it is even in the TM's.

I have a pretty simple request, does anybody know what the speed of the Wisconsin engine is that drives the welder/generator in the back of the M1031 (Converted M1028)?

I'm hoping it's only 1800 RPM, but I don't think I'll be that lucky. If anybody knows right off have that would be great. If not, can someone fire up their engine and throw a tach on it to find out????

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And the proof(from the TM)

Manufacture Wisconsin

Spec 5854-1

Rpm 1800

Model G-204

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, thank you Mr. The Head!!

Out of curiosity for those of us who do not posess your "search mojo" what keywords did you search? I did some with varients of "m1031" "welder" and "speed" but obviously didn't come up with the correct info.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used, "welder Wisconsin rpm". In the Site Google search box(top right of the page).

The sixth result listed had the information showing, so I clicked on it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom, M887 or SECM may have netted results. 99 percent of the trucks that had that bed were M1028s. I can see why M1031 got little help.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah Kenny, I didn't think of that at the time. I knew almost all of them were converted 1028's but I did not think about using m887.

I have the information I was hoping for now. Sooner or later I'll have a diesel powered welder/generator on a trailer or something of that sort. I've been thinking seriously about removing the box and putting a regular bed back on the truck. And since I have a few 1800 rpm diesels sitting around the garage I can make good use of the welder and get rid of that Wisconsin gas engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks