• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 with serpentine belt questions

dkdiesel

I just picked up a 86 M1031. It has a serpentine belt setup with a massive single alternator. From what I can find it appears to be commonly used on the HMMWV ? Was this a common upgrade or did some of the CUCV’s come with this setup? Everything works fine but the power steering pump has a terrible whine that shows up off idle. I’m 90% sure it’s due to the oil feed hose routing between the pump and the reservoir. I’m going to unbolt the reservoir and move it up to get rid of the hump in the hose and see if it gets better.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes that’s the HMMWV alternator and the military never installed either it or a serpentine system on a M1031. Someone did a very clean install looks like, and did away with the finicky dual alternator setup and troublesome V belts.

Skinny

Wow, most mods done by previous owners suck and are hacked. This is the nicest belt upgrade I have seen. Aside from having a very expensive alternator I'd keep it.

Makes my Leece Neville 555JHO look like a toy...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks