• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031

jon5212

Hey everyone my dad just picked up a M1031 from a government auction that I'm helping him fix up. Question is how do you operate the generator? I see the PTO knob but I'd like to know the exact break down on how you operate it, like does the transfer case have to be in a certain position, truck in park or neutral stuff like that. I can't seem to find much in the way of operation for this truck.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do a forum search for M1031. Lots has been written about this set up, especially how parts always seem to be missing from the generator control. You put the transfer in neutral, engage the PTO, and put the transmission in drive.

jbolty

I have the PTO and generator manuals. Send me your email and I'll forward them. At some time in the past I had uploaded them into the resource section but I can't find them there.

The TM's for the rest of the box and the controls are still classified.

jon5212

My email is j_pyron@sbcglobal.net I'd appreciate that very much thanks! Also would you happen to have the drive shaft length? The rear driveshaft on this truck is bent, would I be able to just get one from an 86 chevy 4x4 shortbed standard cab?

NPD732

The only driveshaft that will work is from a Chevy 1-ton longbed with the 205 transfer case. The M1008 shaft is a little short because of the 208 transfer case but will work in a pinch. I just had the tube replaced on mine and new u-joints installed $185 tax included.