• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M103A3 Powerplant trailer

Ray70

I have 2 of the exact same trailers... super heavy duty units, but haven't found much of a resale market, although I didn't try very hard either.
The air / hydraulic brakes and the lunette height are a bit of a down side, but I bet there is someone who could use it off-road, behind a tractor etc. maybe to haul logs out of the woods??
Unfortunately it doesn't have a lot of usable space for such a heavy trailer, but maybe there is a different use out there somewhere....

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a market if the expectation of price is kept within reason. In my area when they do come up for sale they are generally listed for well over 1,000 but they seem to languish until the price drops to more between 600 or 700 dollars unless in absolute pristine condition.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, that falls in line with what I'm thinking. I may toss it up for sale but wasn't expecting a lot of interest.

The smaller trailers that go with the single generator setups are a pretty easy to sell. This is the first powerplant setup I've won at auction.

Ray70

Those little synchronizer boxes are awesome... I took one off the trailer and built a PPS ( Power Plant Shed ) ;) out back.
Set it up with an 003 , 002 and an 831, all hooked up through that synchronizer.... shift on the fly and the TV doesn't even flicker!
The 831 and 002 are hooked to the sync through a manual transfer switch, if you were wondering how I switch between 3 units with a binary synchronizer...

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm with you there. Its a little tall for the F350 but perfect behind the M1081. I'm about 80% convinced to keep it and make it my main generator trailer. I had planned to do that with one of the smaller trailers I have. Assuming I keep this one I'll sell the other ones I have with the shorter height and surge brakes. Those are better suited for civilian life.

Edit - The trailer has never been on the road. The only marks on it are from it being moved around the yard for the last 20 years. Its absolutely pristine. I doubt I could go out and find one in as nice a shape.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The smaller HMMWV trailers are worth more to sell off, if you are looking for something to never leave the property the bigger one is the way to go. Yeah I use an inverted drop pintle hitch on my F250 to get to the right height on the bigger trailers.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the rig out for a tow today. Not problem. Everything went as expected.

When I got back I lined up one of the single trailers with the powerplant setup.

Here are the photos for comparison.

2023-01-09 16.57.15 (Large).jpg

2023-01-09 16.59.35 (Large).jpg

2023-01-09 16.59.12 (Large).jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks