• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M103A3 Question

OD_Coyote

I recently purchased a M103A3, but it is missing the (2) formed channels that run fore and aft and support the gen set. Does anyone know where I can get the channels or where I can find the dimensions so I can fab my own?
I will upload a picture later, since right now this feature does not seem to be working.

Thanks,

mangus580

well, being they are 10' long, they will probably be oversize with UPS... but I figure they cant be 'that' heavy...

I will see what it will take to get them off (now that they are buried under a pile of bows & other random stuff LOL) and weighed up for a shipping quote

OD_Coyote

bulldog - Thanks for the info on UPS. BTW - I am in the same boat in regards to a 5 ton. I find myself checking the GL looking for any 5 tons in my area, but so far the OD gods have not come through. If I could find a 5 ton tractor, I would put a deuce bed on it.

OD_Coyote

A few months back there were several M818 on the GL in Oregon and they were runners going for $1800 - $3000. I wish I would have been more serious about a 5 ton back then. aua:doh: They would make a great rig for pulling your D4 around. :-D

OD_Coyote

My first Cat was a 30s vintage 22 and then I had a 50s vintage D2.
I have owned my D4 for 16 years and it a sweet machine. Not too small and not too big. Did you have you 818 tranported from Colorado or did you drive it home?

OD_Coyote

If you got another 5 ton would you get rid of your deuce or keep it?
I hear you on the 55 mph road trip. I drove my deuce home ~500 miles and it was a long trip.