• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M104-1951

FormerNewMVGuy

I recently aquired a very nice, 1951 M104 trailer! It has been stored inside for many years and is in very good condition!
It has a tailgate on the back and also has a gate on the front of the trailer, I have never seen one with the double gate before, Is this rare ? Is there alot of these trailers around? I would like to restore it, If anybody has any info they would like to share with me, please let me know!

Also i was wondering the value of this trailer.

Thanks

PS. i will post some pics tomorrow

Srjeeper

Scott, there was a post here on SS somewhere not to long ago with some pictures of a Canadian Deuce and some other stuff. In the background you could see one of their trailers and it had a tailgate in the front also. I can't recall what it was under, but maybe you'll have better luck finding it than I did. :oops:

Good luck & Happy Hunting :roll:

CGarbee

Congratulations!

I've got one that needs the correct front landing gear, but that is otherwise in pretty good, original shape. One other member in AZ has a really nice one as well... David Doyle did a nice writeup on them for MV Magazine a while back (part of an article on 1.5 ton trailer development). Do a search in the trailer section here and you should find some photos and info where we have been discussing them before.

They are not as common as the M105 and thus should bring more money. On the other hand, unless you need the front tailgate or want one just to be different, it's not worth paying the extra money for one if a M105 is available and can do the trick... I'd restore the one that you have considering that you have it and say that it is in good shape. Love to see the photos when you get a chance... :)

I find that having the front gate makes the trailer much more versatile, especially when you need to offload just one part that you packed in the front of the trailer... :)

I know of four others near me, but each is missing the sideracks and the landing gear (they have been in use as farm trailers...).

Enjoy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks