• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1045A2 noisy steering pump

engele

Hi,
i got my M1045A2. But the steering pump is noisy all the time and the steering goes hard.
When i start the Humvee and he is cold they work good and makes no noisy in the first minute. Later it will be bad.
There is no air in the system, or i saw no air and i tried several times to get air out of the system. But looks godd and no bubbles.
The truck has a hydraulic wich.

I think the pump is damage? Or any other ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Alex

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pump most likely has been stressed with the use of the winch. Time to source a replacement.

Dock Rocker

The pump most likely has been stressed with the use of the winch. Time to source a replacement.
Before I started looking for parts I would go through the troubleshooting procedure in the TM. You may end up replacing it but you will know exactly what needs replacing. It could just be a pinhole leak in a line.

Also have you gone through the bleeding procedure? If not start there. Jack the front end up. Slowly spin the wheel to left lock then to right lock pump the brakes slowly and repeat 40 times. After that’s done you should see some results.

Also check the seals on the solenoids on the winch. They can leak. Also check every union in the winch system going from the ps pump to the winch and back.

First is the fluid level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks