• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 A2 Axle

shrevestang

I was just given a m 105 a2, i was going to change out the axel and put a drop axel on it so i can use it as an untility trailer, but i was wondering if any body knows if there is some sort of adapter that i can but on the existing axel so i can put standard size tires on it without changing out the entire axle. If so where can i go to look for it. Thanks

comdiver

They are heavy! They weigh about 2700lbs. You will need brakes. If you are towing with a deuce you can just connect the air line for the brakes. If I was going to tow with a p/up I think I would look at mobil home axles with elec brakes. Keeping the old springs you may need to fab spring perches. Make certain the tires will handle the load.

shrevestang

I found a 5200lb drop axel with electric breaks for around $300 and the tires and rims for about another $250. I was just trying to see if i could find some smaller tires and rims for that existing axel first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks