• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 and M101 plug wire swap

joshs1ofakindxj

Do the M105 and M101 share a common trailer wire from the chassis connections to the truck plug?

I'm fixing up my 105 and I purchased a 101 cable and it seems to be about a foot or so shorter. When I loop it through the hand loop by the pintle hitch it won't reach back to the u-bolt where it rests.

Doh!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As you have found, there is a length difference. The M105 has a junction under the front of the trailer box where the M101 has the junction on the tongue leg which uses the shorter cable.

3dAngus

You can use the M105 cable on the M101, but if used the other way around, due to that shorter length difference, you might have to reroute the entire cable underneath to make it reach. I haven't tried it, but looking at my two different trailers, it looks like it might be possible by disconnecting it all from front to back, and redoing it straight to the pintle area with tie wraps. Let us know what happens.

joshs1ofakindxj

I'm going to post a wanted ad for the right cable if I don't have a spare on my 103 sitting out behind the garage I can steal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks