• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 info needed

jimm1009

Hello fellow trailer owners.

I need some pictures and was hoping that one of you could help.
The pics that I need are of the axle attachment to the springs. Particularly the u-bolts and spring plates.

When I purchased my M105A2 about 10 years ago it had no axle so I purchased a military axle for a M101 series and widened it enough to make the 16 inch tires clear. It essentially has the same tire and wheel that the M1008 CUCV uses.
The Dilemma: I recently purchased a 100% complete M105A1 or A2 but I temporarily need to lower the trailer to make it compatible with a modern pickup truck (no lift) in order to get it home.
If I can't find a used or used-up pair of smaller O.D. 20 inch tires, I may have to swap axles to drag it home.
I'm kicking around ideas and already know that renting another flatbed trailer to put this on and tow it home will exceed my trailer hitch capacity.
Lower O.D. tires would be the fastest & easiest thing to do but I'm exploring other options.
E-mail is: jimm1009@yahoo.com
or PM me here on S.S.

Thanks in advance. :oops:

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All you need is a pindle hook a chevy 1500 will pull it looks funny with the back stuck up in the air but not a problem. pulled one 150 mile to get it home that way

jimm1009

M105 trailer info

That's what I was referring to.
The "Ars" end will be pointing towards the sky so I was worried about towing it safely in that condition.
I have a pintle hook raised on a plate but the lunette ring is 29 3/4 to 33 3/4 off the ground and the pintl goes up to about 20 inches or so.
I'm wondering if the 29 3/4 is with the ring rotated 180 degrees so it is about three inches lower.
Jim

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do this all the time Jim. You benefit by leaving the tailgate down. You can stick mag lites right on it. I tow them with my 1/2ton 6.2 burb.

crazyplowboy

In my Picture I am zip tieing mag lights (for extra security) to the bottom of the trailer, if I do it again I will let the gate down and do it as recommended.

dittle

Check my avatar out, my ATV can pull my 105A2. If you look close you can see the raised pintle hitch everyone is referring to.