• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Is Home From Ft. Riley

Michael

Michael wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with pointing out an unusually nice MV that one might see. It might help someone on the list find a nice truck they are looking for. And if it makes someone else on the list pay more for it then so be it. On the other hand, I would not talk about something I was going to bid on unless I really needed help in deciding what it was worth to me.
Is this really a dead horse? I admit I have only been on this site full time for the last few months, however I was on the MV mailing list for 10 years. I don't remember this ever coming up there. I guess I posted to prove that there were people who saw nothing wrong with rumplecat's post. You say MANY people strongly oppose posting about current sales, yet it is 2 to 2 in this thread. Perhaps we need to do a poll. Is there any other list etiquette that I need to be aware of? I went back and reviewed the Requirements For New Members and didn't see a thing about this. If this was thrashed out in another thread it may need to be moved to the Requirements For New Members section. I admit I am just an old fart that likes old green trucks and army surplus so excuse me if I offended anyone.

To turn the typical argument against my (and MANY others) position around: �They're public and well-known sites, so why doesn't everyone already know?� In that case, there is no point in telling everyone what they already know.
Are you saying that you look at everything that GL and GSA have up for sale all across the country? I barely have time to keep up with the closest GL site to me. It is my point that if I see something rare and unusual at this site, I see nothing wrong with posting a link to it to see if someone not as close to me might want it or would at least like to look at it. I haven't done such a thing but I see nothing wrong with it. I have posted a few links after a sale has closed along the lines of what were they thinking to pay so much for this.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Michael, many many many post have this argument. I have stopped posting(auctions) since they opened my eyes to their side of the arguement. It also gets tireing to see the debate everytime someone posts up about an auction. I think it would better conserve "ruffled feathers" if it were mentioned in membership etiquette. I like to help put people in touch with what they are looking for, so if I see something, I just send a PM. I come across lots of deals and hope that everyone else here would too. Since there are sooo many people who lurk here and do not contribute, I will not post anymore auctions. I hope this doesn't turn you away, just trying to help you understand.

Michael

Perhaps this is a dead horse. I did a search for "posting auctions" and found several threads in the last couple of months that I had missed. It is obvious that there are 4 or 5 people that are strongly opposed to any auctions being listed before they close.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks