• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Top Bow Dimension Needed

donald_r

I recently bought an M105 trailer with side racks and a brand new vinyl top; however, no top bows were included or available. There is currently nothing locally available or for-sale, and shipping is expensive, so I will wait until something does become available closer to home.

In the meantime, I have a spare set of M35 top bows and corners and these can be cut down and/or modified to use until the real deal becomes available. Without an actual M105 top bow corner to reference, I’m not sure what to cut the total height to.

If you have an M105 with installed top bows, can you assist with a height measurement from the top of the top bow corner to the top of the highest side board? See the attached photo.

A follow-up question: I’m wondering if M101 top bow corners would insert into the M105 sideboard slots, if so, then I need only measure and cut the top bow left-to-right lengths and save additional work. I saw some M101 corners available about 60 miles away.

Thanks!
-Don

M105 Top Bow.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M101 bow corners will work.

There are metal bow sets that can be assembled to fit either the M105 or M101 trailers.

donald_r

Regarding my previous question “…wondering if M101 top bow corners would insert into the M105 sideboard slots” the answer is Yes and No. The early M101 wooden top bow style will not fit into the M105 top bow slots unless the metal covering is removed. It might take a bit of sanding to get it to fit.
The M105 slots are smaller.

For the question “this height needed” in the previous photo, I measured 20 inches.

M101 Early Style.jpg

Last edited:

donald_r

The new all-metal style bows fits the M101 and the M105. Simple adjustments are all that is required to re-configure from one to the other.

This photos show the M101 configuration.

M101 Conversion.jpg

This photos show the M105 configuration.

M105 Conversion.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks