• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Trailer Recovery - Brakes on Fire

shenkmen

Does anyone know how this story ended? Were the brakes completly toast? How much had to be rebuilt or replaced, if any?

My recent recovery had similar results. I don't think my brakes got quite as hot but they were really smoking for a while.
Yep, I'm the current owner. The relay valve was seized. I replaced that and checked everything out. All good.

The trick is to not hook up air on the recovery.

robert h ross

When someone tells me their vehicle will not run, i always have to ask, have you checked your fuel level ? With the M105 trailers, always make sure both hand applied E brakes are released all the way. It happens.

winfred

seeing that someone else bumped up this necrothread ill add on

this is something i adhered to on my 105 recovery, also declined to play with the parking brakes despite the urging from the former owner that they worked great

The trick is to not hook up air on the recovery.

FloridaAKM

I have pulled 4 of the 105A2's home with the Deuce & the Toyota Tacoma. Rule #1 is never hook up the air brake hoses for the trip home. Rule #2 is never play with the emergency brake levers & rule #3 is check your brake drum temps from the first 5 miles, 10 miles, 20 miles till you are happy there is no excessive heat build up. This works for the M1101/02 trailers also except for the air lines which are not on that line of equipment.