• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m105 trailer~ tailgate bracket question?

maplehillfrm

hey guys, I picked up a 105 trailer a little while ago, I notice it has a set of brackets on the back that I dont have on any of my others, any idea what they are , and is there a need for them out there by someone, I am going to take them off and either post on ebay [but need a description of what they are] , or if someone on here needs them, make an offer,

also on this trailer was a set of alum bows, they are too small for the 105, but have a different end that goes into the rack, it also came with a tire from maybe a newer trailer 12x16.5 with bigger hub, could the bows be for a newer trailer as well?

thansk pat

Attachments

Scarecrow1

I belive the brackets are for the wooden gate that mounts on top of the tail gate . I have seen them stored on the brackets so they can drop the tail gate to load or unload with the canvas still on. I would keep them for just the same reason.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "wooden gate" AKA sideboard thats really a "end board mounts to the side of the trailer. along the outside of the bed when not in use.
I've never seen brakets like that.

The bows you have are the new metal style ones that will work on the M101 or the M105 series trailers, depending on where the bolt connects the bow to the corner to. Move the bolt to the outer set of holes, and it will fit the M105.

Mark2X2

brakets

hey guys, I picked up a 105 trailer a little while ago, I notice it has a set of brackets on the back that I dont have on any of my others, any idea what they are , and is there a need for them out there by someone, I am going to take them off and either post on ebay [but need a description of what they are] , or if someone on here needs them, make an offer,

also on this trailer was a set of alum bows, they are too small for the 105, but have a different end that goes into the rack, it also came with a tire from maybe a newer trailer 12x16.5 with bigger hub, could the bows be for a newer trailer as well?

thansk pat
The brackets look like a Guard unit custom job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks