• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 wheel / brake drum help

3dAngus

If the offroad capability of the M1102 is 1.4 tons, surely the on road capability would achieve that. Just a thought...

bigboy44

I made mu 105 sit level with my 1 Ton by removing the pintle and welding a 5/8 plate down with gussets welded back to the frame, I then welded a piece of c channel that has holes in it for adjusting the hitch height on the front of the plate. You can buy them at any trailer parts place or online. I added the 2 5/16 coupler and it worked great. Southwest wheel is where I bought the channel and the coupler if I remember correctly. I sold the trailer 2 years ago so I don't have pics. The trailer still was the same height only level, I hauled 2 tons of corn in it a few times with no problems. I spliced a 4 wire trailer connector to the wires under the trailer past the Military pigtail and changed the bulbs to 12 volt and the lights worked great. I did have to take care when stopping with a full load. I think a custom axel to lower the trailer would work great along with some tire suggestions from the above posts.

I also had a hole cut in the 5/8 plate so I could put the pintle back in the trailer to use it as was intended, change light bulbs and go.