• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105a2 From Camp Lejeune NC TO Near Ashville NC

drivebymashing

I got it for $475. I dont have a full size only a m35a2. Its 375 miles from my house. Hmmm I have a z06 corvette maybe i could put a trailer hitch on it.

FloridaAKM

I towed two M105a2's several weeks ago about 110 miles to home, one with a M35a2c & the other with a Toyota Tacoma 4wd truck. There were no problems with either the trailers or either truck. The Deuce, on the other hand, would be a very long drive each way in your situation!

FloridaAKM

Borrow a truck from a friend or just get him to take you, loads cheaper than the rates you got quoted. My motto is if I can't go get it anymore, I don't bid on it! Shipping always kills the deals for me!

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1 dollar per mile one way, is fifty cents per mile round trip so no, 1.00 per mile one way is not enough to earn a decent living when you have to pay for insurance, upkeep, fuel and license fees, not to mention if you have a truck payment. I do my own recoveries and factor that cost into what I am willing to bid. My last recovery for 2 trailers cost me 130.00 just for fuel on a 600 mile round trip.

drivebymashing

Sorry I meant 1 dollar a mile for 375 miles. Like if someone was to pick up another load in the nearby area or had several other things he was hauling at the same time and keep going not if they had to drive back to wherever they came from. If i could make a dollar a mile loaded. I could make some serious money. Loaded being the keyword. If i had a 1200 dollar a month truck payment that would be different i guess. I had a corvette hauled to texas a few years ago from north carolina for 800 dollars on a enclosed trailer he had several other vehicles on the trailer too. Im assuming he was making money. This was an insured company. I dont mind to pickup whatever i bid on. The quotes just seemed very very high to me.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you still looking? I have a guy that picks up for me. No issues he is a currently active duty. Where in Ashville? I am in Greenville, SC.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I passed your info to him. I have him haul a lot so I get really good rates. Joe is a great guy and will not over charge you. The great thing about him is he just goes over and gets the stuff for me. They don't give him a hassle since he is active duty. You will get a better deal if he can find something else to haul along the way. He was on 24 hours yesterday so you will probably hear from him today. The only bad thing about rolling stock is what is the real condition of the tires, hitch, etc. I just have him trailer all of my stuff since I don't have air brakes on my pickup.

drivebymashing

I dont have air brakes either. Im bringing a spare with me. Hopefully i dont need it. I doubt trailer brakes will be a big deal its all uphill!! Haha.
Thanks for checking for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks