• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 on highway payload

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda depends on what the cargo is and how it's loaded and what your towing with.

And brakes functioning.

I lost my TMs, but I'd bet there s more info on capacity in them.

f8617

I think that's right..."off-road" limit being defined as the tire/tires on one side (of the axle) off the ground.

FWIW -- The M105 trailer hauls just over 4000lbs of corn (full) at high speed, behind a deuce. But never pull it tongue-light behind a pickup.

odnorth

l want to put my 2015 Wrangler 2dr in the 105 and tow it with my 923A2. The wheelbase is 8ft so it just fits, it will tie down from the front tow hooks to the tie downs on the front of the trailer.The rear trailer tie downs will line up with the rearend.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't.

How far you going?

I think your center of gravity would be too high for my comfort.

Gunzy

3000lbs on or off highway is the spec'd limit. If you want to haul your Jeep get an M1061 to do it with.

f8617

I think your center of gravity would be too high for my comfort.
Install longer wheel studs and add duals...or flip the wheels...technically, its a simple trigonometric equation, by knowing specified cg mass & location, you can calculate how much to compensate for elevated cg, by widening the wheel stance.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That will not change your COG.

MAdams

My only worry would be the tires. The COG being so high, the trailer will want to sway and that will add stress to the tires. I've had 4500 lbs of gravel in mine and it pulled fine behind my pickup truck. A tire blowout would end your fun day

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks