• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 outside to outside wheel measurement

workaholic

After looking through the TM as well as the plate picture online, I am not finding the width of this trailer at the wheels. I am looking to transport one with an open trailer, but i am not 100% sure if I can get it on to the trailer because of its width. The only numbers i can find is the overall width including the box and the inside to inside width on the wheels. My trailer width is 75 1/2 inches wide.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks. i knew i was close, but close isnt exact. appreciate the info.
If you want "exact"... it's 77-3/4" sidewall to sidewall; plus another 1/4" per side, for the tire's bulge (even fully inflated & empty).
So you need something with a bed that is 78-1/2" wide, at least.
Unless your trailer was a flatbed, it seems to be too narrow for the task.

workaholic

If you want "exact"... it's 77-3/4" sidewall to sidewall; plus another 1/4" per side, for the tire's bulge (even fully inflated & empty).
So you need something with a bed that is 78-1/2" wide, at least.
Unless your trailer was a flatbed, it seems to be too narrow for the task.
it is not a flatbed and i believe you are correct. thanks.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've recovered a lot of trailers in last few years. Only one of them actually "needed" to be trailered as it had a shredded tire. Most of them I have towed home unless I had bought more than 1 at same yard. Check bearings after a few miles and if not hot motor on. I carry a set of magnetic trailer lights in truck at all times too just in case I run across one in my travels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks