• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 pait options

RWG421

I finally got my 105 home from a 300 mile pickup. Thanks to all the advice, and information on this site it was a good experience. (Except trying to flip the lunette@ G/L ...lol) I tried using some" Krylon Camouflage ultra flat 4293 olive" for some surface rust touch up, but it’s a bad color match.

(You can see my attempts)

Any advice on how to best prep the surface rust, and match the original paint color? The trailer looks in good shape, just a couple of areas of rust and I like to go over, and the nomenclature hiding patch work.

Attachments

KsM715

Good looking tailer. You can use RAPCO 383 green, or if you can chip off a big enough piece you could take it to HomeDepot or any good paint store and see if they can match it.

edit: instead of trying to get a big chip,you could just remove the swinging slingpoint under the rear of the frame and take that in for them to match.

RWG421

RAPCO 383 green, Is it pretty close to the original durability?

On the home depot option what type of paint; Enamel, latex ,degree of flatness?

poppop

I painted my M813 with surplus Military 383 CARC. I did not have enough for inside the bed to so I used Rapco there. There were some spots on the outside we touched up with Rapco and all those spots have faded bad, but they look like the lighter color on you trailer.

poppop

No, I got mine from another SS member. I understand SECO in Augusta Ga. has it in 55 gallon drums and will sell somebut you have to have a container, so from where you are not a good idea. It is a Sherwin Williams paint but a regular dealer connot get it. If you have an industrial dealer near you ask them if they can get it. It might be restricted to Military sales.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, I got mine from another SS member. I understand SECO in Augusta Ga. has it in 55 gallon drums and will sell somebut you have to have a container, so from where you are not a good idea. It is a Sherwin Williams paint but a regular dealer connot get it. If you have an industrial dealer near you ask them if they can get it. It might be restricted to Military sales.

Here is the site for Rapco paint.
Rapco Parts Company

Nice looking trailer.

Jimma

Call RAPCO and get the 383 Green. You will be happy. Comes in spray cans or gallons. It will be a good match.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks