• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105a2 parts

JAYHAWK 1962

Hello all. i have 2 m105a2 trailers and when the forklifts placed them on the hauling trailer it looks like they sheared some fittings at the bottom of the air tanks. when we hooked up the air lines from the truck the brakes went to a locked position. is this normal if the fittings are nonexistant?? also does anyone have some spare fittings for sale, possibly an airtank or who sells m105a2 parts. also looking for a m105a2 manual nos. thanks in advance.

Scarecrow1

Jay I ask the question on hauling the trailers behind a Civilian suv, and was told that the air brakes on a Military trailer were backwards from a civi trailer. the military trailer brakes engage when air is applied .the civilian one is the opposite they release when air is applied . So unless you had air being push into the trailer I don't get it :roll:

ida34

The A2s have a breakaway system. The emergency connection fills the tank with air and as long as it keeps getting air everything is cool. When the emergency connection is no longer getting air then the brakes are automatically applied. This can be fixed by draining the tanks as if there is no air the brakes will come off. If your fitting is truly broken off then you have some other failure as the brakes should release when the tanks are drained. There is a relay valve that operated to apply the brakes when it senses a loss of air from the emergency hose. This then applies air to the hydrovac which applies the master cylinder. A picture of what is broken off will help us diagnose for you.

rlwm211

Here is an ebay item number for a holding tank and valve. I am not sure if this is what you need.
here is the item number:

Hope this helps

This guy is near me if you want me to go look at the part.

RL

Last edited:

JAYHAWK 1962

Ok after further inspection looks as if it is a stopcock that was sheared off . Found nos manuals. I do need a set of the u bolts that gold the air tank on. Gl did a number on the one set. Thanks in advance. Kyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks